Arsenal duo Lisa Evans and Jennifer Beattie named in Scotland squad for upcoming games
- Credit: PA
Arsenal duo Lisa Evans and Jennifer Beattie have been named in the Scotland squad for the upcoming Euro 2022 Qualifying matches against Cyprus and Portugal.
However, Kim Little misses out on the squad due to a calf injury that forced her to miss Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Manchester City at Meadow Park.
Stuart McLaren will remain in interim charge for both games that will both be played in Cyprus due to travel restrictions to Portugal forcing the game to be played at the Antonis Papadopoulos Stadium in Larnaca.
Both matches will take place on the 19th and 23rd of the month however Scotland can't qualify for the tournament due to previous results in the campaign.
On the games McLaren said: "I’m extremely excited to be interim head coach of this group of players as women’s football is something I’ve always had a passion for.
You may also want to watch:
"In the past I’ve worked in Australia with the Queensland Academy of Sport and coached Australian internationals such as Clare Polkinghorne and Elise Kellond-Knight.
"I’ve also got to know some of the Scotland players through my coach education work including Leanne Ross who attained her B Licence and will join us as Assistant Coach.
- 1 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Islington shooting victim named
"It’s unfortunate that we’ll miss people of the calibre of Kirsty Smith, Kim Little, Hannah Godfrey, Chloe Arthur and Christie Murray. As is always the case when players miss out, there’s always opportunities for others including new players and ones who haven’t featured as much as they’d like."
Evans played in Sundays defeat to City while Beattie missed out due to injury but Scotland hope to have her back in full fitness for the fixture.
Meanwhile Leonie Maier has not been included in the Germany squad due to German government not allowing anyone to enter the country from a country that has a variant of the coronavirus.