Arsenal return to WSL action with trip to Reading
- Credit: PA
Arsenal return to Women's Super League action this Sunday at the Madejski Stadium in their first match of 2021.
With a positive coronavirus test in the camp and with players having to self-isolate it meant that last week's trip to Aston Villa had to be postponed at Walsall's Bescot Stadium.
Reading and Chelsea were the only two sides to play in the opening weekend of 2021 due to positive cases elsewhere in the league, so the Royals already have a game under their belt.
However they lost out 5-0 to the Blues with former Royals star Fran Kirby netting four goals in an incredible display before Ji So-yun added a late fifth.
The last time the two sides met one in the WSL was the first game of the 2020/21 season at Meadow Park, with Arsenal thumping Kelly Chambers' side 6-0 with goals from Kim Little, a brace from Vivianne Miedema and a hat-trick from Jill Roord.
You may also want to watch:
The game will be broadcast live on the FA player on Sunday with a 2pm kick off time.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago