Vivianne Miedema takes top two spots in Arsenal's goal of the month award
- Credit: PA
Vivianne Miedema has become just the second Arsenal Women's player to win the clubs goal of the month award for November.
The Netherlands international was voted the winner by Gunners from all around the globe after her fine effort against London City Lionesses in the Continental Cup.
Kim Little won the first last season with her opener against Tottenham Hotspur at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the Gunners 2-0 win over the Lilywhites.
Miedema's goal of the month came in a game that she scored four goals as the Gunners beat London City Lionesses 4-0 away from home.
The Dutch striker picked the ball up in her own half, held off three challenges and raced through to score a stunning solo goal.
You may also want to watch:
Miedema also finished second in the voting after her goal against Tottenham Hotspur in the Continental Cup as she collected a Kim Little pass inside the box before keeping her cool to beat Rebecca Spencer in the Lilywhites goal.
Nicolas Pepe's clinical finish in the Europa League victory at Molde was placed into third spot.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
It's a remarkable achievement for Miedema taking up two spots in the top three and is showing the good work being done at Arsenal Women.