Miedema insists she has no intentions of leaving Arsenal
- Credit: PA
Vivianne Miedema insists she has no intention of leaving Arsenal when her contract runs out.
Speaking to Dutch website vrouwenvoetbalnieuws.nl the Women's Super League record goalscorer stated she wanted to stay in England.
"This is where it happens If you see what Manchester City and Chelsea are doing, we at Arsenal should also come along.
"I have no plans to leave I want to play against as many opponents as possible and at the highest level imaginable that is here in England."
Joe Montemurro said back in October then the Netherlands record goalscorer is first in line for a new contract as he explained: "I'd love to discuss contractual things and players coming in and staying and so on. It's something that we'll start to do very, very early, around November.
You may also want to watch:
"We're already starting to look at where we're heading with the direction of next year and years to come, but obviously Viv will be on top of that list and we'll do everything we can to make sure Viv remains a part of the group.
"She's an important part of the group, obviously as a footballer but also off the park, her qualities as a person are fantastic."
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
Miedema has 11 goals in the 2020/21 season after netting against Manchester City on Sunday away from home that goal also meant she has the most goal involvements in WSL history with 53 goals and 22 assists 75 involvements in total.
She has also netted two first half hat-tricks this season against Tottenham Hotspur in the league and London City Lionesses in the Continental Cup.
Last season she was top goalscorer in both the Women's Super League and the Champions League as she hit ten in Europe's elite competition and 16 in the league to claim the Golden Boot once again for the second consecutive season.
Miedema was also voted into FIFA's the best team of the year after her sensational 2020.
On her inclusion Miedema said: "I think I have said it about 300,000 times, I'm not playing football for individual trophies.
"However, it's great to know that I've been voted in the World 11 by other professional footballers. It's the biggest honour you can receive."