Arsenal to host Gillingham in FA Women's Cup
- Credit: PA
Arsenal Women have learned who their next FA Women’s Cup opponents will be after Gillingham knocked out Cheltenham Town on Sunday afternoon.
Cheltenham took the lead with an own goal but the Gills fought back with goals from Jade Keogh and top goalscorer Otesha Charles to win 2-1 after extra-time.
Arsenal will host the game at Meadow Park on Sunday, April 18 with it currently scheduled for a 2pm kick off. That could change when the BBC announces its live match.
The Gunners have met Gillingham before. That was in 2014, with Kelly Smith scoring a brace in a 2-0 victory as Arsenal went all the way to lift the trophy.
Arsenal reached last season's semi-final, where they lost 2-1 to Manchester City, with Jordan Nobbs scoring a stunning goal for Montemurro's side.
You may also want to watch:
The Gunners last won the competition in 2016, when they beat London rivals Chelsea 1-0 at Wembley Stadium with a goal from Danielle Carter.
Arsenal are the most successful side in the history of the FA Cup as they have lifted the trophy on 14 occasions.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
Manchester City are the current holders after beating Everton 3-1 in the delayed 2019-20 final in November.