Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- Credit: PA
Three Arsenal Women stars who went to Dubai over the winter break have issued an apology to their teammates following one testing positive for Coronavirus on their return to the United Kingdom.
The Telegraph who broke the story of their departure to Dubai say that the three Gunners stars who are all senior internationals have issued an apology to their teammates.
The positive case was also in contact with other members of the squad who are now required to self-isolate meaning that this weekends match at Aston Villa is postponed.
It was reported that some members of the Arsenal team were angry at the trios decision to travel on what they called "Business trips".
Katie McCabe was one of the players who spent time in Dubai but she is not the player who has tested positive for the virus.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal have investigated the journeys and concluded they were for business reasons in line with government regulations.
Dubai was among the countries that established a permitted travel corridor with the UK during that period.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 9 Statue in Noel-Baker Peace Garden replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
No action is expected to be taken on the Gunners players who departed the UK but senior staff are very disappointed in their decision to fly.
The Gunners are next in action at Reading on Sunday, January 17 at the Madejski Stadium with a 2pm kick off time.