Arsenal trio learn Euro 2022 playoff opponents
- Credit: PA
Arsenal trio Lia Wälti, Malin Gut and Noelle Maritz will face the Czech Republic if they make the line-up for Switzerland in the Euro 2022 play-off.
The draw was made on Friday morning, with the Swiss hoping to book their spot in the final tournament held in England.
The fixture will he played between April 7 and 13 – both home and away – with exact dates yet to be confirmed.
Switzerland are the highest ranked side left in the play-offs as they finished second in their group behind Belgium.
Maritz collected her 80th senior cap last time she featured, while Gut has represented the nation on eight occasions. Swiss captain Walti has 84 senior caps to her name.
You may also want to watch:
The Arsenal trio didn't feature against France last month because of French coronavirus restrictions but did train for five days in Switzerland in preparation for the play-off.
Elsewhere in the draw, Kenny Shiels' Northern Ireland will travel to Ukraine in the first leg before hosting the reverse fixture in their bid to reach a first-ever major tournament.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
Ukraine and Northern Ireland have met on two previous occasions, with the Ukraine winning both.
The first came in the 2018 Turkish Women's Cup, a meeting that Ukraine won 3-1, before handing out a 4-0 drubbing at the Pinatar Cup in March last year.
In the other playoff tie Portugal will take on Russia.