Arsenal trio named in England squad for Northern Ireland clash
- Credit: PA
Arsenal trio Jordan Nobbs, Lotte Wubben-Moy and Leah Williamson have been included in the England squad for the international friendly against Northern Ireland this month.
Hege Riise has named a 20-player squad for the game and training camp that will start on Thursday February 18.
Riise, who is in temporary charge while England wait for Sarina Weigman to take over from Phil Neville, will oversee England’s first official game since last year’s SheBelieves Cup.
The squad consists of a smaller group of players compared to previous camps, as the Lionesses prepare for their involvement in Team GB’s Olympic campaign, while also continuing preparations towards the UEFA Women EURO, which is due to take place across England in summer 2022.
However one Arsenal player who hasn't been included is Beth Mead, with Riise saying: "The player report hasn't been that great for me to narrow the squad, it leaves her out. If she performs every weekend then we will see."
You may also want to watch:
The versatile Leah Williamson has 17 international caps to her name since making her debut against Russia in June 2018.
Box to box midfielder Nobbs holds 63 caps and has netted six goals for her country. She has been a key member to the England squad since making her debut in March 2013.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 5 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 6 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
Wubben-Moy is yet to make her senior debut but was involved in November's training camp and will hope to make her debut on February 23.