Arsenal's Swiss trio named in Tournoi de France squad
- Credit: PA
Arsenal's Swiss trio Malin Gut, Noelle Maritz and Lia Wälti have been named in the Switzerland squad for this month’s Tournoi de France competition.
The Swiss national team will take part in the Tournoi de France for the first time from February 17 to 23 with the Gunners trio called up to Nils Nielsen's team.
On the tournament Nielsen explained: “Last year we played four games against the strong footballing nations Austria and Belgium. We need more games against international top-level teams such experiences are valuable so that we can mature as a team and, as we would say in Denmark, grow hair on our teeth.”
Switzerland will take on France, Iceland and Norway with all the games being played between the Stade Saint-Symphorien in Metz and in the Stade Louis-Dugauguez in Sedan.
Switzerland open the tournament on Wednesday, February 17 in Metz and will meet World Cup quarter-finalists Norway.
You may also want to watch:
At the same venue, Nils Nielsen's team face hosts France three days later before rounding it off against Iceland on the 23rd.
Due to the Coronavirus restrictions, all games will be played without supporters.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Maritz collected her 80th senior cap last time she featured while Gut has represented the nation on eight occasions. Swiss captain Walti has 84 senior caps to her name.
The last time the Swiss Women's national team played Maritz missed out with a knee injury but Wälti and Gut featured as they lost out 4-0 to Belgium.