Arsenal v Huddersfield Town: Early team news
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Read the transcript of Arsene Wenger’s press conference at London Colney this morning...
Ozil we will make an assessment after training today. Iwobi got a dead leg, we are not sure he will be available. Cazorla of course is still out.
Why is Sanchez so good against promoted sides?
I don’t know if it’s just against these sides, maybe because we dominate more. He has exceptional quality to make a difference. Most of it is down to his individual quality.
You may also want to watch:
Will your team selection on Wednesday have one eye on the United game?
Zero eye. The most important game is tomorrow night, no matter was happens after. We have a good chance to take three points at home, that’s all that matters.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
He is considered like any other player. He is at that level now, every opportunity he gets is a good chance for him to commit to his long-term future.
Are you thinking about letting him leave in January?
No, at the moment I think about our next game - I don’t think about the future.
On Sanchez and Ozil – will they be here on February 1?
Yes, of course.
And next season?
I am not the only one to decide that. They have to decide that as well.
It’s a massive game. I watched them against City, they didn’t deserve to lose. These team comes from hell, they play 46 games to come out of the Championship. They have a fighting spirit that makes them dangerous to every team.
Wenger on subbing Lacazette...
He adapts physically to the Premier League. I’m happy with the work does. I do that because i have other options on the bench.
When pressed on Ozil and Sanchez leaving in January
I rule it out. I don’t think every day about that. As long as they are here they give their best for the club. In my head they stay until the end of the season, unless something unbelievable happens I don’t see that changes.