Arsenal v Huddersfield Town: Early team news
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Read the transcript of Arsene Wenger’s press conference at London Colney this morning...
Ozil we will make an assessment after training today. Iwobi got a dead leg, we are not sure he will be available. Cazorla of course is still out.
Why is Sanchez so good against promoted sides?
I don’t know if it’s just against these sides, maybe because we dominate more. He has exceptional quality to make a difference. Most of it is down to his individual quality.
You may also want to watch:
Will your team selection on Wednesday have one eye on the United game?
Zero eye. The most important game is tomorrow night, no matter was happens after. We have a good chance to take three points at home, that’s all that matters.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
He is considered like any other player. He is at that level now, every opportunity he gets is a good chance for him to commit to his long-term future.
Are you thinking about letting him leave in January?
No, at the moment I think about our next game - I don’t think about the future.
On Sanchez and Ozil – will they be here on February 1?
Yes, of course.
And next season?
I am not the only one to decide that. They have to decide that as well.
It’s a massive game. I watched them against City, they didn’t deserve to lose. These team comes from hell, they play 46 games to come out of the Championship. They have a fighting spirit that makes them dangerous to every team.
Wenger on subbing Lacazette...
He adapts physically to the Premier League. I’m happy with the work does. I do that because i have other options on the bench.
When pressed on Ozil and Sanchez leaving in January
I rule it out. I don’t think every day about that. As long as they are here they give their best for the club. In my head they stay until the end of the season, unless something unbelievable happens I don’t see that changes.