Arsenal's clash with West Ham United selected for TV Broadcast
- Credit: PA
Arsenal's London derby with West Ham United will be broadcast live on the BBC Red Button on Sunday, January 24 with a 12pm kick off time.
The game was originally scheduled for a 2pm kick off but will now be live on the BBC as the Gunners continue their title challenge with Manchester United, Manchester City and current holders Chelsea.
The sides last met in September with the Gunners winning 9-1 away from home at West Ham United's new home the Chigwell Construction Stadium.
Jill Roord scored a hat-trick while Leah Williamson, Beth Mead, Caitlin Foord, Kim Little and a brace from Vivianne Miedema saw the Gunners comfortably defeat the Hammers.
West Ham had equalised after Roord had opened the scoring via Kenza Dali as she fired in a snapshot beyond the reach of Manuela Zinsberger.
You may also want to watch:
However with a blink of an eye the game changed when Gilly Flaherty was sent off as she was shown a second yellow card for dissent.
That game was selected as a test event for the reintroduction of crowds in football with 734 fans attending the game.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
In 2019/20 the teams met twice they met on the opening day of the season at Meadow Park with Arsenal winning 2-1 thanks to Beth Mead and Jill Roord goals, Roord scoring on her competitive Arsenal debut against the Hammers.
They also met in the FA Cup last January with Arsenal winning 2-0 as a Katie McCabe strike and Lia Wälti’s first ever goal for the Gunners saw them comfortably through into the next round of the cup.
Meanwhile three Arsenal Women players have been nominated for the Arsenal goal of the month award Beth Mead's strike at home to Everton, Jill Roord's thumping effort against Birmingham City and Vivianne Miedema's low strike across Ellie Roebuck in the Gunners late defeat at Manchester City.
Miedema won the goal of the month award in November for a spectacular solo effort against London City Lionesses in the Continental Cup.
She was only the second Arsenal Women's player to pick up the award after Kim Little in November 2019 when she scored with a wonderful effort against Tottenham Hotspur at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the Women's Super League infront of a record attendance of 38,262.