Arsenal Women will have first two fixtures on TV
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Arsenal’s first two Women’s Super League games will be broadcast live on TV it has been revealed.
The Gunners opening day home tie with Reading at Meadow Park will now have an earlier kick off time at 12.30pm on Sunday, September 6 on the BBC Red Button.
The opening day will see two former Gunners return to Meadow Park as Emma Mitchell and Danielle Carter who left the Gunners for the Royals this summer could be set for their competitive debuts back at their old stomping ground.
Arsenal defeated Reading twice last season once in the league 3-0 away from home thanks to a Vivianne Miedema double and a Kim Little strike.
The Gunners also knocked the Royals out of the Continental Cup on their way to the final as Little struck a late winner.
You may also want to watch:
A week later the Gunners will visit West Ham United and that will also be broadcast live on TV on BT Sport 1 on Saturday 12 September with a 5.20 kick off.
The match will be played at West Ham’s new ground the Chigwell Construction Stadium in Dagenham.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
Arsenal also defeated the Hammers twice last season in the opening day of the season winning 2-1 at Meadow Park thanks to Beth Mead and Jill Roord goals before knocking Matt Beard’s side out of the FA Cup 2-0 due to Katie McCabe and Lia Wälti goals.
The Swiss midfielder scoring her first ever goal for the Gunners in January’s fixture.
Newly promoted Aston Villa, who won the Women’s Championship title last season, will open the campaign at Villa Park against Manchester City in a match that will be shown on BT Sport 2 on Saturday September 6.
Champions Chelsea will also have their opening day fixture against Manchester United broadcast on Sunday September 6 following the Arsenal match on BT Sport.