Arsenal defender Jennifer Beattie reveals breast cancer battle
- Credit: PA
Arsenal and Scotland International defender Jennifer Beattie has revealed that she was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year.
The 29 year-old was speaking to BBC Sport in an interview with Football Focus which was broadcast at 12pm on Saturday.
Beattie in the interview explained how she found a lump a few months ago and speaking to the BBC said: "It kind of does seem like a massive blur.
"You automatically think the worst,I asked the question, 'Am I going to die?' that's what I asked them.
"The girls here were just unbelievable I feel it's moments like these or times like these when you realise why you play sport.
You may also want to watch:
"It really is like being part of a family away from family.
"I don't know what I would have done without them that's the staff and the players.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
"They've all been unbelievable the support I've had down here has got me through it for sure."
Beattie scored against Brighton & Hove Albion this season heading in a Katie McCabe corner with all her Arsenal teammates running to her as a clear message of support.
The centre-back has featured in four matches this season and will be available for the Gunners against Manchester City on Sunday.