Arsenal defender Jennifer Beattie reveals breast cancer battle
- Credit: PA
Arsenal and Scotland International defender Jennifer Beattie has revealed that she was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year.
The 29 year-old was speaking to BBC Sport in an interview with Football Focus which was broadcast at 12pm on Saturday.
Beattie in the interview explained how she found a lump a few months ago and speaking to the BBC said: "It kind of does seem like a massive blur.
"You automatically think the worst,I asked the question, 'Am I going to die?' that's what I asked them.
"The girls here were just unbelievable I feel it's moments like these or times like these when you realise why you play sport.
You may also want to watch:
"It really is like being part of a family away from family.
"I don't know what I would have done without them that's the staff and the players.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
"They've all been unbelievable the support I've had down here has got me through it for sure."
Beattie scored against Brighton & Hove Albion this season heading in a Katie McCabe corner with all her Arsenal teammates running to her as a clear message of support.
The centre-back has featured in four matches this season and will be available for the Gunners against Manchester City on Sunday.