Athletics: Highgate Harriers athlete Georgia Fear enjoying great start to 2018
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Highgate Harriers club
Talented Highgate Harrier Georgia Fear has already achieved two personal best times this year.
Under-23 athlete Fear ran four minutes and 59 seconds for an indoor mile and 2.54 for 1k, also indoors.
Fear, a student at Dartmouth College in the USA, gave up skating for athletics, whereas sister Lilah, who ran as an under-20 runner Harriers, has already started to have a sparkling career in speed figure skating.
Lilah was a reserve for this year’s Winter Olympics, which are taking place in PyeongChang, South Korea.
You may also want to watch:
• The National Cross-Country Championships take place at Parliament Hill Fields on Saturday and Highgate’s men’s team are hoping for something they have not achieved for more than a few years — medals.
Harriers certainly have strong claims and would follow up their success in topping the Metropolitan League and being second in the deplorable conditions at Brighton recently, so they have no fear of the mud.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting