Athletics: Highgate Harriers athlete Georgia Fear enjoying great start to 2018
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Highgate Harriers club
Talented Highgate Harrier Georgia Fear has already achieved two personal best times this year.
Under-23 athlete Fear ran four minutes and 59 seconds for an indoor mile and 2.54 for 1k, also indoors.
Fear, a student at Dartmouth College in the USA, gave up skating for athletics, whereas sister Lilah, who ran as an under-20 runner Harriers, has already started to have a sparkling career in speed figure skating.
Lilah was a reserve for this year’s Winter Olympics, which are taking place in PyeongChang, South Korea.
You may also want to watch:
• The National Cross-Country Championships take place at Parliament Hill Fields on Saturday and Highgate’s men’s team are hoping for something they have not achieved for more than a few years — medals.
Harriers certainly have strong claims and would follow up their success in topping the Metropolitan League and being second in the deplorable conditions at Brighton recently, so they have no fear of the mud.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington