Athletics: Islington youngsters impress at Mini Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Islington youngsters were in fine form at the 2018 London Mini Marthon.
A squad of 24 from the borough ran the final three miles of the main route, finishing on The Mall.
And the under-13 boys combined well to finish sixth overall in the team standings.
Jack Davis-Black led them home in 17 minutes 56 seconds, as Bedo Draskoczy (18.00) also finished inside the top 20.
Ivor Joslin (19.08), John Brindle (19.52) and Ethan Hellier (20.04) completed the line-up, while Iris Coleman (21.59) improved her best for the third straight year in the under-13 girls’ race.
You may also want to watch:
Under-15s Jadon Dodson (17.11) and Honey Millard-Cothier (20.27) also ran new personal bests in their respective races.
And under-17 Lemi Mideksa clocked a superb 16.33 to beat David Keto’s record of 16.52 to finish 35th, despite not being a member of a running club and only taking part in parkrun and The Running Charity.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 5 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
He is eligible to compete again next year too.