Athletics: Islington youngsters impress at Mini Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Islington youngsters were in fine form at the 2018 London Mini Marthon.
A squad of 24 from the borough ran the final three miles of the main route, finishing on The Mall.
And the under-13 boys combined well to finish sixth overall in the team standings.
Jack Davis-Black led them home in 17 minutes 56 seconds, as Bedo Draskoczy (18.00) also finished inside the top 20.
Ivor Joslin (19.08), John Brindle (19.52) and Ethan Hellier (20.04) completed the line-up, while Iris Coleman (21.59) improved her best for the third straight year in the under-13 girls’ race.
You may also want to watch:
Under-15s Jadon Dodson (17.11) and Honey Millard-Cothier (20.27) also ran new personal bests in their respective races.
And under-17 Lemi Mideksa clocked a superb 16.33 to beat David Keto’s record of 16.52 to finish 35th, despite not being a member of a running club and only taking part in parkrun and The Running Charity.
- 1 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
He is eligible to compete again next year too.