Athletics: Islington youngsters impress at Mini Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Islington youngsters were in fine form at the 2018 London Mini Marthon.
A squad of 24 from the borough ran the final three miles of the main route, finishing on The Mall.
And the under-13 boys combined well to finish sixth overall in the team standings.
Jack Davis-Black led them home in 17 minutes 56 seconds, as Bedo Draskoczy (18.00) also finished inside the top 20.
Ivor Joslin (19.08), John Brindle (19.52) and Ethan Hellier (20.04) completed the line-up, while Iris Coleman (21.59) improved her best for the third straight year in the under-13 girls’ race.
You may also want to watch:
Under-15s Jadon Dodson (17.11) and Honey Millard-Cothier (20.27) also ran new personal bests in their respective races.
And under-17 Lemi Mideksa clocked a superb 16.33 to beat David Keto’s record of 16.52 to finish 35th, despite not being a member of a running club and only taking part in parkrun and The Running Charity.
- 1 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
He is eligible to compete again next year too.