Aurel Sinko-Uribe wins Highgate Harriers’ Bottomists Trophy race at Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Archant
Highgate Harriers’ Under-20 athlete Aurel Sinko-Uribe was victorious in the club’s annual Bottomists Trophy race at Hampstead Heath.
Sinko-Uribe, who has also represented the Middlesex cross-country team, was first home among an impressive field of 56 runners, clocking a time of 16 minutes 26 seconds.
Second place went to Under-17 runner Isaac Adni, who finished just two seconds behind the winner, while Abel Sinko-Uribe came third in a time of 16:38.
Charles Addison, a former British Students Championship runner-up, finished fourth (18:20) in the annual event which was established by the late Highgate stalwart Ted Fosbrook.
Fosbrook’s widow Pam presented the trophy to the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Nina Halpenny was the first woman to cross the line, finishing sixth in a time of 18:41, with club coach Kate Jenrick following her home in 18:55.
Meanwhile, Highgate’s Marcus Green shaved 21 seconds off his best 5k road time with a fine performance in the Serpentine RC ‘Last Friday in the Month’ race. Green, who finished 21st out of 176 runners, recorded a time of 16:35.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 7 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 8 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 9 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 10 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series