Aurel Sinko-Uribe wins Highgate Harriers’ Bottomists Trophy race at Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Archant
Highgate Harriers’ Under-20 athlete Aurel Sinko-Uribe was victorious in the club’s annual Bottomists Trophy race at Hampstead Heath.
Sinko-Uribe, who has also represented the Middlesex cross-country team, was first home among an impressive field of 56 runners, clocking a time of 16 minutes 26 seconds.
Second place went to Under-17 runner Isaac Adni, who finished just two seconds behind the winner, while Abel Sinko-Uribe came third in a time of 16:38.
Charles Addison, a former British Students Championship runner-up, finished fourth (18:20) in the annual event which was established by the late Highgate stalwart Ted Fosbrook.
Fosbrook’s widow Pam presented the trophy to the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Nina Halpenny was the first woman to cross the line, finishing sixth in a time of 18:41, with club coach Kate Jenrick following her home in 18:55.
Meanwhile, Highgate’s Marcus Green shaved 21 seconds off his best 5k road time with a fine performance in the Serpentine RC ‘Last Friday in the Month’ race. Green, who finished 21st out of 176 runners, recorded a time of 16:35.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild