Barnet Sunday League going from strength to strength
- Credit: Archant
With 56 clubs involved and a brand new website underway, now is the time to join the Barnet Sunday League
Sunday League football was in danger of dying out a few years ago, especially with some leagues in the capital folding - it was a concerning time for amateur football in north London.
However, one league that has weathered the storm and seen something of a renaissance in recent seasons is the Barnet Sunday League, who have received more applications than ever before for the 2019/20 season.
Boasting 56 clubs and a very active social media presence, the four division league hopes to add a fifth division with the amount of applications that they have received this season.
With a brand new website on the way, combined with a digital overhaul of the clubs administration processes, the management committee are very positive about the long term future of grass roots football in Barnet.
You may also want to watch:
It's not too late to join the Barnet Sunday Football League - all you need to do is contact social media secretary John Eager on 07908562166 or general secretary Alex Clayton 07951821719 for details on how to join.
For more information, visit http://www.barnetsundayleague.co.uk/ or search on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for BarnetSundayLeague.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’