Barnet Sunday League going from strength to strength
- Credit: Archant
With 56 clubs involved and a brand new website underway, now is the time to join the Barnet Sunday League
Sunday League football was in danger of dying out a few years ago, especially with some leagues in the capital folding - it was a concerning time for amateur football in north London.
However, one league that has weathered the storm and seen something of a renaissance in recent seasons is the Barnet Sunday League, who have received more applications than ever before for the 2019/20 season.
Boasting 56 clubs and a very active social media presence, the four division league hopes to add a fifth division with the amount of applications that they have received this season.
With a brand new website on the way, combined with a digital overhaul of the clubs administration processes, the management committee are very positive about the long term future of grass roots football in Barnet.
You may also want to watch:
It's not too late to join the Barnet Sunday Football League - all you need to do is contact social media secretary John Eager on 07908562166 or general secretary Alex Clayton 07951821719 for details on how to join.
For more information, visit http://www.barnetsundayleague.co.uk/ or search on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for BarnetSundayLeague.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 7 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 10 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all