Blitz batter Spanish rivals to reach final four in European Champions League
- Credit: Archant
London Blitz will travel to Belgrade in July as top seeds for the IFAF European Champions League semi-finals after crushing Spanish side Osos Rivas 55-0.
The Finsbury Park club were totally dominant in Madrid, with both quarterbacks throwing touchdown passes and all five of their running backs who touched the ball scoring.
Josh Adamson twice found Jack Daley in the end zone, while Joe Thompson hit Jasper Van Dooren in stride for a 47-yard scoring connection.
Defensively Blitz blanketed the Osos receivers, with Sam Joseph in outstanding form as he jumped a screen route and went over the top of the wide receiver for an interception.
The Osos Rivas running game was non-existent as Blitz sacked the quarterback on five occasions, with a pair for Marcus Thouant and one each for Fab Garguilo, Charlie Cohen, and Jordan Jones.
You may also want to watch:
Blitz are back in domestic action on Sunday, when they host Bristol Aztecs (2.30pm).
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 6 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub