Blitz batter Spanish rivals to reach final four in European Champions League
- Credit: Archant
London Blitz will travel to Belgrade in July as top seeds for the IFAF European Champions League semi-finals after crushing Spanish side Osos Rivas 55-0.
The Finsbury Park club were totally dominant in Madrid, with both quarterbacks throwing touchdown passes and all five of their running backs who touched the ball scoring.
Josh Adamson twice found Jack Daley in the end zone, while Joe Thompson hit Jasper Van Dooren in stride for a 47-yard scoring connection.
Defensively Blitz blanketed the Osos receivers, with Sam Joseph in outstanding form as he jumped a screen route and went over the top of the wide receiver for an interception.
The Osos Rivas running game was non-existent as Blitz sacked the quarterback on five occasions, with a pair for Marcus Thouant and one each for Fab Garguilo, Charlie Cohen, and Jordan Jones.
You may also want to watch:
Blitz are back in domestic action on Sunday, when they host Bristol Aztecs (2.30pm).
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 8 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing