Blitz batter Spanish rivals to reach final four in European Champions League
- Credit: Archant
London Blitz will travel to Belgrade in July as top seeds for the IFAF European Champions League semi-finals after crushing Spanish side Osos Rivas 55-0.
The Finsbury Park club were totally dominant in Madrid, with both quarterbacks throwing touchdown passes and all five of their running backs who touched the ball scoring.
Josh Adamson twice found Jack Daley in the end zone, while Joe Thompson hit Jasper Van Dooren in stride for a 47-yard scoring connection.
Defensively Blitz blanketed the Osos receivers, with Sam Joseph in outstanding form as he jumped a screen route and went over the top of the wide receiver for an interception.
The Osos Rivas running game was non-existent as Blitz sacked the quarterback on five occasions, with a pair for Marcus Thouant and one each for Fab Garguilo, Charlie Cohen, and Jordan Jones.
You may also want to watch:
Blitz are back in domestic action on Sunday, when they host Bristol Aztecs (2.30pm).
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault