Bob wins all-Golden Lion battle at Archway league final
- Credit: Archant
Bob Triggs overcame Golden Lion team-mate Paul Nurden to win the singles final at the Archway & District Darts League annual presentation night.
Triggs also picked up the award for throwing the fewest darts in a leg – 14 – during the course of the season, one of several trophies presented on the night at St Joseph’s Social Club.
Royal Oak B, who were crowned league champions in 2014 as Admiral Mann B, retained the title and claimed several of the other awards up for grabs as well.
Glen Moss and Andy Neska won the pairs cup, while Stuart Pickles took the captains’ cup and Jim Curran the secretaries’ cup. The fours cup also found its way into Oak’s trophy cabinet.
Doyles, who were runners-up in the league, triumphed in the knockout cup, with Alex Bissell (Prince Alfred) taking home the Guvnors’ cup. Pam Doyle of Whittington Stone was the ladies’ singles champion.
You may also want to watch:
North 19’s Paul Badman claimed the trophy for his six 180s – the most maximums during the season – while Johny Saunders (Kennedy’s) hit the highest finish, 170.
The evening was compered by comedian Tim Vine, who also stepped up to the oche against a nominated player from each team and impressed by hitting a maximum and losing only a handful of games.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 8 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 Islington shooting victim named