Bob wins all-Golden Lion battle at Archway league final
- Credit: Archant
Bob Triggs overcame Golden Lion team-mate Paul Nurden to win the singles final at the Archway & District Darts League annual presentation night.
Triggs also picked up the award for throwing the fewest darts in a leg – 14 – during the course of the season, one of several trophies presented on the night at St Joseph’s Social Club.
Royal Oak B, who were crowned league champions in 2014 as Admiral Mann B, retained the title and claimed several of the other awards up for grabs as well.
Glen Moss and Andy Neska won the pairs cup, while Stuart Pickles took the captains’ cup and Jim Curran the secretaries’ cup. The fours cup also found its way into Oak’s trophy cabinet.
Doyles, who were runners-up in the league, triumphed in the knockout cup, with Alex Bissell (Prince Alfred) taking home the Guvnors’ cup. Pam Doyle of Whittington Stone was the ladies’ singles champion.
You may also want to watch:
North 19’s Paul Badman claimed the trophy for his six 180s – the most maximums during the season – while Johny Saunders (Kennedy’s) hit the highest finish, 170.
The evening was compered by comedian Tim Vine, who also stepped up to the oche against a nominated player from each team and impressed by hitting a maximum and losing only a handful of games.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools