Boxing: Caroline Dubois wins lightweight gold at European youth and junior championships in Bulgaria
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Former Islington ABC lightweight Caroline Dubois, the sister of professional heavyweight prospect, won a good medal at the European youth and junior championships in Sofia, Bulgaria.
In the quarter-finals, Dubois outpointed Kleoniki Ververidou of Greece to progress to the next round.
Italy’s Sabrina El Ragioui was Dubois’ opponent in the semi-finals, but the British prospect was able to collect another points win.
In the final, Dubois came up against Russian Nune Asatryan, with the former Islington star taking the win by a unanimous decision.
You may also want to watch:
After seeing his sister succeed in Bulgaria, Daniel took to social media site to praise here achievements.
“Well done to my little sister Caroline, now double European champion. If you thought that one Dubois was bad news, beware of double trouble,” Daniel posted.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
It looks like the Dubois family could have plenty to celebrate in the coming years with both brother and sister impressing the boxing fraternity.