Boxing: Caroline Dubois wins lightweight gold at European youth and junior championships in Bulgaria
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Former Islington ABC lightweight Caroline Dubois, the sister of professional heavyweight prospect, won a good medal at the European youth and junior championships in Sofia, Bulgaria.
In the quarter-finals, Dubois outpointed Kleoniki Ververidou of Greece to progress to the next round.
Italy’s Sabrina El Ragioui was Dubois’ opponent in the semi-finals, but the British prospect was able to collect another points win.
In the final, Dubois came up against Russian Nune Asatryan, with the former Islington star taking the win by a unanimous decision.
You may also want to watch:
After seeing his sister succeed in Bulgaria, Daniel took to social media site to praise here achievements.
“Well done to my little sister Caroline, now double European champion. If you thought that one Dubois was bad news, beware of double trouble,” Daniel posted.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
It looks like the Dubois family could have plenty to celebrate in the coming years with both brother and sister impressing the boxing fraternity.