Dubois set for Commonwealth Title showdown with Tetteh
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
British heavyweight champion Daniel Dubois has the chance to win the Commonwealth title on Friday night when he fights Ebenezer Tetteh.
The bout for the currently vacant belt will take place at the Royal Albert Hall on a Queensbury Promotion.
Both boxers go into the clash boasting unbeaten professional records, with former Dale Youth amateur and Islington Boxing Club member Dubois having won 11 of his 12 fights inside the distance.
The 22-year-old was last in the ring in July, when he stopped Nathan Gorman in the fifth round to win the vacant British title.
Tetteh has won 16 of his 19 fights before the end and beat Jones Quarshie in his last bout.
You may also want to watch:
Ahead of the fight, Dubois, who now trains at Peacock Gym in Canning Town, revealed that he backs himself to beat fellow heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury.
- 1 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Islington shooting victim named