Boxing: Daniel Dubois to defend Southern Area title next month
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Former Islington ABC heavyweight Daniel Dubois defends his Southern Area title against DL Jones at the Copper Box next month.
The 20-year-old is scheduled for his first action of 2018 on a Frank Warren Promotion on February 10.
Both fighters are unbeaten, with Dubois having won all six of his professional fights to date by way of knockout.
Jones, meanwhile, has eight wins and one draw since turning professional back in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Dubois will defend his Southern Area title, which he won with a first-round stoppage of AJ Carter at the Copper Box back in September.
The 20-year-old is also the current WBC world youth champion having beaten Mauricio Barragan in July last year.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 8 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
Dubois’ last outing was in December when his power proved too much for Dorian Darch of Aberdare, Wales.
Tickets for the event are on sale and can be purchased from seetickets.com or by calling 0871 230 7148.