Boxing: Daniel Dubois to defend Southern Area title next month
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Former Islington ABC heavyweight Daniel Dubois defends his Southern Area title against DL Jones at the Copper Box next month.
The 20-year-old is scheduled for his first action of 2018 on a Frank Warren Promotion on February 10.
Both fighters are unbeaten, with Dubois having won all six of his professional fights to date by way of knockout.
Jones, meanwhile, has eight wins and one draw since turning professional back in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Dubois will defend his Southern Area title, which he won with a first-round stoppage of AJ Carter at the Copper Box back in September.
The 20-year-old is also the current WBC world youth champion having beaten Mauricio Barragan in July last year.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 6 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 7 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 10 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
Dubois’ last outing was in December when his power proved too much for Dorian Darch of Aberdare, Wales.
Tickets for the event are on sale and can be purchased from seetickets.com or by calling 0871 230 7148.