Boxing: Islington BC host first-ever inter-club sparring event
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Islington BC held their first ever inter-club sparring event at their gym on Sunday, attracting over 70 boxers from four clubs.
The sparring gave the opportunity for many younger boxers to show off their skills in front of a crowd for the first time, and also raised much-needed funds for Islington BC.
“The event was a success. It was a very long day with 50 sparring exhibitions,” said Islington BC manager Reggie Hagland.
“Plenty of thanks go to the volunteers from the club on the day and the visiting clubs: Five Star, Rumbles BA and Kent Gloves.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re looking at holding three of these a year, with the next one in June or July.”
Islington Boxing Club are hosting an open show at the Boston Dom on February 8.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
The club is hoping to get as many of their boxers on the show as possible.
Tickets are £5 for those under-six and £15 for everyone others and can be purchased from the club.