Boxing: Islington BC host first-ever inter-club sparring event
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Islington BC held their first ever inter-club sparring event at their gym on Sunday, attracting over 70 boxers from four clubs.
The sparring gave the opportunity for many younger boxers to show off their skills in front of a crowd for the first time, and also raised much-needed funds for Islington BC.
“The event was a success. It was a very long day with 50 sparring exhibitions,” said Islington BC manager Reggie Hagland.
“Plenty of thanks go to the volunteers from the club on the day and the visiting clubs: Five Star, Rumbles BA and Kent Gloves.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re looking at holding three of these a year, with the next one in June or July.”
Islington Boxing Club are hosting an open show at the Boston Dom on February 8.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
The club is hoping to get as many of their boxers on the show as possible.
Tickets are £5 for those under-six and £15 for everyone others and can be purchased from the club.