Boxing: Islington BC members enjoy time with London squads
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Islington BC’s Scott Smart and Chris Cunningham were part of the London squad that travelled to Rotterdam to face some of the finest Dutch talent.
Scott Smart overcame home boxer Simon Pormes in a 56kg bout, while Chris Cunningham outworked Kevin Setoe in a fight at 75kg.
Three other Islington fighters were part of the London squad that headed to Bristol to take on Western Counties.
Mihai Adrian Zgavarogea was involved in the shows opener and lost on a unanimous decision against Brad Ingram in a 69kg bout.
You may also want to watch:
Ewan Jenkins, a native Bristolian, took victory via split decision against Anton Essan in a fight at 64kg.
However, there was disappointment for Ion Olaru, who lost his 78kg fight against Liam O’Hare despite a spirited display in Bristol.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Arsenal Women player of the season award nominations
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Kevin Agbodzah, meanwhile, made his debut for Islington on a show hosted by Progress ABC and recorded a deserved victory over Canvey rival Danny Rees.