Boxing: Islington BC members enjoy time with London squads
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Islington BC’s Scott Smart and Chris Cunningham were part of the London squad that travelled to Rotterdam to face some of the finest Dutch talent.
Scott Smart overcame home boxer Simon Pormes in a 56kg bout, while Chris Cunningham outworked Kevin Setoe in a fight at 75kg.
Three other Islington fighters were part of the London squad that headed to Bristol to take on Western Counties.
Mihai Adrian Zgavarogea was involved in the shows opener and lost on a unanimous decision against Brad Ingram in a 69kg bout.
You may also want to watch:
Ewan Jenkins, a native Bristolian, took victory via split decision against Anton Essan in a fight at 64kg.
However, there was disappointment for Ion Olaru, who lost his 78kg fight against Liam O’Hare despite a spirited display in Bristol.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
Kevin Agbodzah, meanwhile, made his debut for Islington on a show hosted by Progress ABC and recorded a deserved victory over Canvey rival Danny Rees.