Boxing: Islington BC prepare for big December date
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club are finalising preparations for their second show of the domestic amateur season on Wednesday, December 6.
The event will take place at the Boston Dome, above the Boston Arms pub on Junction Road, Tufnell Park, with the doors open at 6.30pm.
Boxing action will get underway at 8pm and tickets are available to buy in advance from the club gym in Hazellville Road, N19 or on the door on the night at the venue.
They are priced £15 for adults and £5 for under-16s and many of Islington’s up and coming boxers are set to feature.
At present, the line-up will include junior squad boxers Alfie Suksiri (skills debut), Rishon John, Patrick McDonagh, Marty McDonagh, Frankie Watson, Harry Betteridge (competitive debuts), Kyron Hughes (club debut), Caiden Hughes, Harley Ouzman, William Nantu, Ashraf Sabir, John McDonagh, Atalia Rezuvan, Roxanne Fraser, Matin Camara, Joshua Strong, Ernie Swinhoe, Leo Antell and Arlando Mrijaj.
You may also want to watch:
The show will also hopefully feature several youth and senior boxers, some of whom will make their debuts, such as youth boxers Connor Daly and Eli Musah, debutants Hadi Abdoliamin, Nathaniel Duah, Ahmed Rabnawaz, Laura Weis and Temour Djauojan, as well as Azeem Bakare, Slavisa Gegic, Borys Feldman, Masood Abdualh, Phil Latz, Chris Cunningham, Ekene Ikedife and Charlotte Briant.
Elite boxers on the bill will hopefully include Lamin Conteh, Chris Onwegbusi and Shannon Courtenay and spokesman Reggie Hagland said: “IBC have the largest competitive squad in the country and it’d be good to get as many of them as possible to box in front of local support although realistically it won’t be all of them.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 6 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 7 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 8 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 9 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 10 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
“It is always nice when shows feature Islington on one side of the bill and it’d be nice to finish off 2017 with another quality show.”
To advertise or place a message in the programme costs £100 (full page), £50 (half page) or £25 (quarter). For tickets, sponsorship packages or information contact Mick Doherty on 07921 724 601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.