Boxing: Islington BC prepare for big December date
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club are finalising preparations for their second show of the domestic amateur season on Wednesday, December 6.
The event will take place at the Boston Dome, above the Boston Arms pub on Junction Road, Tufnell Park, with the doors open at 6.30pm.
Boxing action will get underway at 8pm and tickets are available to buy in advance from the club gym in Hazellville Road, N19 or on the door on the night at the venue.
They are priced £15 for adults and £5 for under-16s and many of Islington’s up and coming boxers are set to feature.
At present, the line-up will include junior squad boxers Alfie Suksiri (skills debut), Rishon John, Patrick McDonagh, Marty McDonagh, Frankie Watson, Harry Betteridge (competitive debuts), Kyron Hughes (club debut), Caiden Hughes, Harley Ouzman, William Nantu, Ashraf Sabir, John McDonagh, Atalia Rezuvan, Roxanne Fraser, Matin Camara, Joshua Strong, Ernie Swinhoe, Leo Antell and Arlando Mrijaj.
You may also want to watch:
The show will also hopefully feature several youth and senior boxers, some of whom will make their debuts, such as youth boxers Connor Daly and Eli Musah, debutants Hadi Abdoliamin, Nathaniel Duah, Ahmed Rabnawaz, Laura Weis and Temour Djauojan, as well as Azeem Bakare, Slavisa Gegic, Borys Feldman, Masood Abdualh, Phil Latz, Chris Cunningham, Ekene Ikedife and Charlotte Briant.
Elite boxers on the bill will hopefully include Lamin Conteh, Chris Onwegbusi and Shannon Courtenay and spokesman Reggie Hagland said: “IBC have the largest competitive squad in the country and it’d be good to get as many of them as possible to box in front of local support although realistically it won’t be all of them.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
“It is always nice when shows feature Islington on one side of the bill and it’d be nice to finish off 2017 with another quality show.”
To advertise or place a message in the programme costs £100 (full page), £50 (half page) or £25 (quarter). For tickets, sponsorship packages or information contact Mick Doherty on 07921 724 601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.