Boxing: Islington Boxing Club duo Mo Gharib and Byron Cox triumph on Attleborough ABC show in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Duo make successful venture to Norfolk
Islington Boxing Club duo Mo Gharib and Byron Cox made their trip to Norfolk worthwhile as they returned to north London with wins to their name.
The pair were fighting on the Attleborough ABC dinner show, which was held at Wymondham Rugby Club.
Gharib, who fights in the 61kg division, was first up against Henri Potter of Kingfisher in a three-round contest.
Despite Potter starting brightly, Gharib was able to take control of the first round as it wore on.
You may also want to watch:
The Islington fighter, nicknamed ‘Dangerous Mo’, continued to dominate in the second and third rounds before taking a unanimous decision.
Cox, fighting at 58kg, was taking part in his second senior contest and took on Carl Bevan from host club Attleborough.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
From start to finish, Cox was in complete control of the bout and knocked Bevan down in the second round on his way to a unanimous decision, capping a successful night for Islington BC.