Boxing: Islington Boxing Club duo Mo Gharib and Byron Cox triumph on Attleborough ABC show in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Duo make successful venture to Norfolk
Islington Boxing Club duo Mo Gharib and Byron Cox made their trip to Norfolk worthwhile as they returned to north London with wins to their name.
The pair were fighting on the Attleborough ABC dinner show, which was held at Wymondham Rugby Club.
Gharib, who fights in the 61kg division, was first up against Henri Potter of Kingfisher in a three-round contest.
Despite Potter starting brightly, Gharib was able to take control of the first round as it wore on.
You may also want to watch:
The Islington fighter, nicknamed ‘Dangerous Mo’, continued to dominate in the second and third rounds before taking a unanimous decision.
Cox, fighting at 58kg, was taking part in his second senior contest and took on Carl Bevan from host club Attleborough.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 4 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 5 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 10 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
From start to finish, Cox was in complete control of the bout and knocked Bevan down in the second round on his way to a unanimous decision, capping a successful night for Islington BC.