Boxing: Islington old boy Dubois shines again
- Credit: Archant
Former Islington amateur Daniel Dubois continued his journey in the paid ranks with an impressive knockout win at the Copper Box Arena on Saturday.
Heavyweight Dubois, 20, only needed two rounds to blast out Welshman Dorian Darch on the Frank Warren promotion for his sixth win.
Darch felt the power of Dubois in the first round, when he was sent to the canvas by two right hooks to the head, beside a cut nose.
Taking more heavy punches in round two, he was knocked down three more times, with Dubois landing a right hand over the top before referee Robert Williams called a halt after 51 seconds.
Meanwhile, former St Pancras ABC fighter Davis Pagan made it seven wins from eight contests with a points success over Bulgarian Angel Emilov.
You may also want to watch:
Referee Kieran McCann had the 27-year-old Pagan down as a 60-54 winner of their super-welterweight contest at the Brentwood Centre.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern