Boxing: Islington old boy Dubois shines again
- Credit: Archant
Former Islington amateur Daniel Dubois continued his journey in the paid ranks with an impressive knockout win at the Copper Box Arena on Saturday.
Heavyweight Dubois, 20, only needed two rounds to blast out Welshman Dorian Darch on the Frank Warren promotion for his sixth win.
Darch felt the power of Dubois in the first round, when he was sent to the canvas by two right hooks to the head, beside a cut nose.
Taking more heavy punches in round two, he was knocked down three more times, with Dubois landing a right hand over the top before referee Robert Williams called a halt after 51 seconds.
Meanwhile, former St Pancras ABC fighter Davis Pagan made it seven wins from eight contests with a points success over Bulgarian Angel Emilov.
You may also want to watch:
Referee Kieran McCann had the 27-year-old Pagan down as a 60-54 winner of their super-welterweight contest at the Brentwood Centre.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault