Boxing: Islington’s Fraser pipped to final spot
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club had six members out at three different shows, with their share of success.
Roxanne Fraser (under-50kg) was up first at the National Junior Cadet Championship semi-finals in Rotherham, facing Lydia Nagle (Attleborough ABC).
After a positive opening round, she ran out of gas and was stopped in the final round but can take plenty of heart from reaching the last four and winning the London title in her first season.
Islam Llabjani (69kg) was in action at Halstead ABC’s show at Earls Colne Recreation Centre, but lost a unanimous decision in his second senior contest against Joshua Leggrove (Halstead).
The Aylesbury ABC show had four Islington juniors in action, with Asadbek ‘Bek’ Ikromkhonov (33kg) taking part in his first skills contest against Patrick Sweeney (Aylesbury ABC).
You may also want to watch:
Alan Aleks (52kg) was scheduled to have a skills contest against Bailey Marks (Aylesbury ABC). but this was changed to a competitive contest at the last minute and the Islington youngster was unlucky to lose a split decision.
But John McDonagh (55kg) won a unanimous decision for the second time in a week against Connor Adams (Aylesbury ABC) and Kyron Hughes impressed many to win a unanimous decision over Northampton ABC’s Y. Abdullah.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition