Boxing: Islington’s Fraser pipped to final spot
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club had six members out at three different shows, with their share of success.
Roxanne Fraser (under-50kg) was up first at the National Junior Cadet Championship semi-finals in Rotherham, facing Lydia Nagle (Attleborough ABC).
After a positive opening round, she ran out of gas and was stopped in the final round but can take plenty of heart from reaching the last four and winning the London title in her first season.
Islam Llabjani (69kg) was in action at Halstead ABC’s show at Earls Colne Recreation Centre, but lost a unanimous decision in his second senior contest against Joshua Leggrove (Halstead).
The Aylesbury ABC show had four Islington juniors in action, with Asadbek ‘Bek’ Ikromkhonov (33kg) taking part in his first skills contest against Patrick Sweeney (Aylesbury ABC).
You may also want to watch:
Alan Aleks (52kg) was scheduled to have a skills contest against Bailey Marks (Aylesbury ABC). but this was changed to a competitive contest at the last minute and the Islington youngster was unlucky to lose a split decision.
But John McDonagh (55kg) won a unanimous decision for the second time in a week against Connor Adams (Aylesbury ABC) and Kyron Hughes impressed many to win a unanimous decision over Northampton ABC’s Y. Abdullah.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting