Boxing: Islington youngsters shine
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club youngsters showed some impressive form in the ring at two different events last weekend.
Kyron Hughes and Attila Rezunan were both in action at the Danson ABC show on Friday, held at Crown Wood School in Eltham.
And both came away with wins, as Hughes, 13, proved too strong for the host club’s Jack Abbott for a unanimous points win at 45kg.
The 14-year-old Rezunan returned to winning ways with a unanimous points success of his own at 52kg, listening well to the advice of his coaches and producing a good display of boxing to beat Danson’s Joe Haynes.
Islington also had a team of junior boxers travel to the newly opened Kent Gloves ABC for an inter-club sparring sessions on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Club spokesman Reggie Hagland said: “There were some good displays of boxing from our youngsters, but still work to do with others. It gives us an indication of the level they’re at.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago