Boxing: Islington youngsters show form
- Credit: Archant
Islington juniors were in action at various shows at the weekend.
Harley Ouzman, 14, had his first skills contest at 40kg, facing Marcus Corcoran at the Northolt ABC show at Barnhill Community Centre on Friday.
A team of juniors then took part in inter-club sparring at Rumbles Boxing Academy in Sittingbourne on Saturday, before two young fighters travelled to the Earlsfield ABC show on Sunday.
Kyron Hughes and Kervern Kiala both took their contests at short notice and battled through the snow to compete in south London.
Hughes, 14, started off slow against Earlsfield’s Josiah Viera and conceded the opening round, but upped his work rate to earn a unanimous decision for his third win in two weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Kiala, 16, was back in the ring after nearly two years away and lost the first round to Earlsfield’s Andrew Corbyn, but gave his rival a standing eight count in a third-round stoppage win.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 8 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 9 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 10 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year