Boxing: Islington youngsters show good form
- Credit: Archant
Six Islington youngsters were in action at the East London Boxing Academy show at Norrington School.
Marty McDonagh, 12, had a skills contest at 45kg against Madelin Potop (Limehouse BA) and showed good form.
Atila Rezunan, 14, was one of three debutants in action after a spell in kickboxing and dug deep to beat Eden Ford (East London BA) at 52kg on unanimous points.
Ashraf Sabir, 14, made a strong start against Zeeshan Ali (East London BA) at 55kg, but as the contest went on he was outworked by his rival and the referee stopped the bout in the second round.
Caiden Hughes, 13, began well against Johnny Fernley (Lansbury) at 46kg, but lost on unanimous points, while Arlando Mrijaj, 15, went down to a split decision at 66kg against Hassan Ali (East London BA).
You may also want to watch:
Ernie Swinhoe, 15, had his first bout in 18 months and gave a great display, but was unfortunate to lose a split decision to Dawood Naouman (East London BA).
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother