Boxing: Islington youngsters show good form
- Credit: Archant
Six Islington youngsters were in action at the East London Boxing Academy show at Norrington School.
Marty McDonagh, 12, had a skills contest at 45kg against Madelin Potop (Limehouse BA) and showed good form.
Atila Rezunan, 14, was one of three debutants in action after a spell in kickboxing and dug deep to beat Eden Ford (East London BA) at 52kg on unanimous points.
Ashraf Sabir, 14, made a strong start against Zeeshan Ali (East London BA) at 55kg, but as the contest went on he was outworked by his rival and the referee stopped the bout in the second round.
Caiden Hughes, 13, began well against Johnny Fernley (Lansbury) at 46kg, but lost on unanimous points, while Arlando Mrijaj, 15, went down to a split decision at 66kg against Hassan Ali (East London BA).
You may also want to watch:
Ernie Swinhoe, 15, had his first bout in 18 months and gave a great display, but was unfortunate to lose a split decision to Dawood Naouman (East London BA).
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension