Boxing: Mixed fortunes for Islington duo at Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club had two senior boxers compete on London’s first title belt show at Dagenham Roundhouse.
Slavisa Gegic defeat Thoms Bennett (Repton ABC) via unanumous decision to be awarded the vacant London Title belt on the night.
Gegic caught Bennett with body and head attacks in a decent performance for the welterweight.
Islington's other senior boxer Ewan Jenkins (Islington, U64kgs) boxed against Antigu and Barbuda's Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games representative Alston Ryan (Repton ABC).
Jenkins started off well and won the opening round however the light-welterweight backed off from Ryan and in a surprising below par performance from 19-year-old Jenkins who is usually more fluent in his attacks and defence.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan won the second and third rounds to capture the new London Title belt at U64kgs.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London