Boxing: Mixed fortunes for Islington duo at Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club had two senior boxers compete on London’s first title belt show at Dagenham Roundhouse.
Slavisa Gegic defeat Thoms Bennett (Repton ABC) via unanumous decision to be awarded the vacant London Title belt on the night.
Gegic caught Bennett with body and head attacks in a decent performance for the welterweight.
Islington's other senior boxer Ewan Jenkins (Islington, U64kgs) boxed against Antigu and Barbuda's Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games representative Alston Ryan (Repton ABC).
Jenkins started off well and won the opening round however the light-welterweight backed off from Ryan and in a surprising below par performance from 19-year-old Jenkins who is usually more fluent in his attacks and defence.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan won the second and third rounds to capture the new London Title belt at U64kgs.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition