Boxing: Third time lucky for Islington BC boxer Laura Weis
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Islington Boxing Club
Laura Weis won her first bout in Islington Boxing Club colours at the third time of asking with a win on the RAF Wittering show.
Unlucky to lose on the judges’ cards in her first two bouts, it was third time lucky for Weis, who competes at 53kg level.
The Islington fighter beat RAF rival Maddi Wilson by unanimous decision in a thrilling bout that was named the best of the night.
Roland Pink was also in action on the RAF Wittering show, but lost his 71kg bout against Bradley Axe by unanimous decision despite a brave showing in the ring.
You may also want to watch:
Islington pair Ella Gilbert and Roxanne Fraser, meanwhile, finished as runners-up in their respective categories at the Bletchley ABC show.
Both Islington girls were defeated by home fighters via unanimous decisions despite some good strong displays.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
Gilbert was defeated by Audrone Urbonaite-Melas, while Fraser was unfortunate to lose to Sadie Whiteland.