Boxing: Third time lucky for Islington BC boxer Laura Weis
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Islington Boxing Club
Laura Weis won her first bout in Islington Boxing Club colours at the third time of asking with a win on the RAF Wittering show.
Unlucky to lose on the judges’ cards in her first two bouts, it was third time lucky for Weis, who competes at 53kg level.
The Islington fighter beat RAF rival Maddi Wilson by unanimous decision in a thrilling bout that was named the best of the night.
Roland Pink was also in action on the RAF Wittering show, but lost his 71kg bout against Bradley Axe by unanimous decision despite a brave showing in the ring.
You may also want to watch:
Islington pair Ella Gilbert and Roxanne Fraser, meanwhile, finished as runners-up in their respective categories at the Bletchley ABC show.
Both Islington girls were defeated by home fighters via unanimous decisions despite some good strong displays.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 9 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
Gilbert was defeated by Audrone Urbonaite-Melas, while Fraser was unfortunate to lose to Sadie Whiteland.