Boxing: Times ABC’s Hussain claims belt
- Credit: Archant
Times ABC’s Zaki Hussain was celebrating after winning the North West London challenge belt at 52kg with victory over Tayyip Noor (Two Kings).
Hussain took the fight at short notice against an experienced opponent as a chance to showcase his talents and hard work.
And the three-round bout proved to be a good test for the pair to improve their boxing skills and fitness.
Noor was a tall, stand-up boxer but Hussain showed heart throughout.
The Times fighter was on the front foot and cautious in the first round, but when he got into his rhythm he was putting his combinations together well and got the last say in most of the battles.
You may also want to watch:
He moved well and looked slick, coming on strong in the second round and in the third, he upped the pressure and got the job done.
Hussain eventually won an exciting fight via a split decision and will go on to defend the belt in the near future.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox