Boxing: Times ABC’s Hussain claims belt
- Credit: Archant
Times ABC’s Zaki Hussain was celebrating after winning the North West London challenge belt at 52kg with victory over Tayyip Noor (Two Kings).
Hussain took the fight at short notice against an experienced opponent as a chance to showcase his talents and hard work.
And the three-round bout proved to be a good test for the pair to improve their boxing skills and fitness.
Noor was a tall, stand-up boxer but Hussain showed heart throughout.
The Times fighter was on the front foot and cautious in the first round, but when he got into his rhythm he was putting his combinations together well and got the last say in most of the battles.
You may also want to watch:
He moved well and looked slick, coming on strong in the second round and in the third, he upped the pressure and got the job done.
Hussain eventually won an exciting fight via a split decision and will go on to defend the belt in the near future.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington