Boxing: Times ABC’s Hussain claims belt
- Credit: Archant
Times ABC’s Zaki Hussain was celebrating after winning the North West London challenge belt at 52kg with victory over Tayyip Noor (Two Kings).
Hussain took the fight at short notice against an experienced opponent as a chance to showcase his talents and hard work.
And the three-round bout proved to be a good test for the pair to improve their boxing skills and fitness.
Noor was a tall, stand-up boxer but Hussain showed heart throughout.
The Times fighter was on the front foot and cautious in the first round, but when he got into his rhythm he was putting his combinations together well and got the last say in most of the battles.
You may also want to watch:
He moved well and looked slick, coming on strong in the second round and in the third, he upped the pressure and got the job done.
Hussain eventually won an exciting fight via a split decision and will go on to defend the belt in the near future.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo