Boxing: Times boxer Ylli Jashari wins national novice title
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Times ABC’s Ylli Jashari was crowned national novice champion at 91kgs after a dominant display against Ezekiel Ajie of Small Holdings ABC at the Novice Championship Finals in Chingford on Sunday.
Jashari dominated the bout from the first bell, using a stiff jab followed by effective power shots and a consistent work rate that Ajie was immediately bothered by.
Jashari showed great heart and determination to power through each round.
Despite getting a little tired near the end of the third, regardless he pulled through and never stopped working until the final bell.
You may also want to watch:
Jashari won the bout via a unanimous points decision, dominating every round.
The prospect’s success brought another novice champion to the Times Amateur Boxing Club exactly six years after his team mate and fellow 91kg fighter Joe Seabrook claimed the title.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Islington is getting a big name restaurant
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
If his latest success is anything to go by, Jashari is set for a bright career.