Boxing: Times boxer Ylli Jashari wins national novice title
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Times ABC’s Ylli Jashari was crowned national novice champion at 91kgs after a dominant display against Ezekiel Ajie of Small Holdings ABC at the Novice Championship Finals in Chingford on Sunday.
Jashari dominated the bout from the first bell, using a stiff jab followed by effective power shots and a consistent work rate that Ajie was immediately bothered by.
Jashari showed great heart and determination to power through each round.
Despite getting a little tired near the end of the third, regardless he pulled through and never stopped working until the final bell.
You may also want to watch:
Jashari won the bout via a unanimous points decision, dominating every round.
The prospect’s success brought another novice champion to the Times Amateur Boxing Club exactly six years after his team mate and fellow 91kg fighter Joe Seabrook claimed the title.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 6 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 7 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
If his latest success is anything to go by, Jashari is set for a bright career.