Boxing: Times boxer Ylli Jashari wins national novice title
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Times ABC’s Ylli Jashari was crowned national novice champion at 91kgs after a dominant display against Ezekiel Ajie of Small Holdings ABC at the Novice Championship Finals in Chingford on Sunday.
Jashari dominated the bout from the first bell, using a stiff jab followed by effective power shots and a consistent work rate that Ajie was immediately bothered by.
Jashari showed great heart and determination to power through each round.
Despite getting a little tired near the end of the third, regardless he pulled through and never stopped working until the final bell.
You may also want to watch:
Jashari won the bout via a unanimous points decision, dominating every round.
The prospect’s success brought another novice champion to the Times Amateur Boxing Club exactly six years after his team mate and fellow 91kg fighter Joe Seabrook claimed the title.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
If his latest success is anything to go by, Jashari is set for a bright career.