Boxing: Title joy for Islington’s Fraser
- Credit: Archant
Islington’s Roxanne Fraser won the London Junior Cadet title (u50kg) on Saturday.
Fraser beat Harrow’s Diamond Scarlett in a rematch from a recent Lion ABC show, having also won that bout.
And she now goes on to the National semi-finals in Rotherham on March 24, with the finals the following day.
Clubmate Slavisa Gegic continued his winning streak by defeating Dennis Klotchko of Israel on a 4-1 split decision on the St Pancras ABC show at the Camden Irish Centre.
Gegic took the contest at short notice but began well, only for Klotchko to come back in the second round.
You may also want to watch:
A strong final round proved decisive for the Islington boxer as he claimed victory.
However, Mihai Adrian Zfavarogea (69kg) lost a unanimous decision on the samee show to Ahmed Shitwiti.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
Despite a significant weight advantage, the Islington man tried too hard to land big punches and was outworked.