Boxing: Title joy for Islington’s Fraser
- Credit: Archant
Islington’s Roxanne Fraser won the London Junior Cadet title (u50kg) on Saturday.
Fraser beat Harrow’s Diamond Scarlett in a rematch from a recent Lion ABC show, having also won that bout.
And she now goes on to the National semi-finals in Rotherham on March 24, with the finals the following day.
Clubmate Slavisa Gegic continued his winning streak by defeating Dennis Klotchko of Israel on a 4-1 split decision on the St Pancras ABC show at the Camden Irish Centre.
Gegic took the contest at short notice but began well, only for Klotchko to come back in the second round.
You may also want to watch:
A strong final round proved decisive for the Islington boxer as he claimed victory.
However, Mihai Adrian Zfavarogea (69kg) lost a unanimous decision on the samee show to Ahmed Shitwiti.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 8 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
Despite a significant weight advantage, the Islington man tried too hard to land big punches and was outworked.