Boxing: Zak Chelli spars with George Groves ahead of next fight
- Credit: Archant
Teenager scheduled for action on May 13 at First Direct Arena, Leeds
Times BC super-middleweight Zak Chelli will look to maintain the good start to his career when he competes in his second professional bout on May 13 against an as yet unnamed fighter.
The 19-year-old began his career at York Hall in February with a victory over Jacob Ellis.
Chelli will hope for another success on the undercard of the Josh Warrington-Kiko Martinez fight for the WBC international featherweight belt at Leeds’ First Direct Arena.
And it seems the teenager had the perfect preparation for his next bout in Yorkshire next weekend.
You may also want to watch:
I had the brilliant opportunity to spar George Groves, I did six rounds with him at Shane Mcguire’s gym in Wandsworth,” said Chelli.
“I have now had the chance to spar three of the best boxers in the country: Groves, James DeGale and Chris Eubank Jr.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
“Last month I travelled to Italy to train with the Italian national team sparring with the best Italian middle weight Salvatore Cavallaro.”