Boxing: Zak Chelli spars with George Groves ahead of next fight
- Credit: Archant
Teenager scheduled for action on May 13 at First Direct Arena, Leeds
Times BC super-middleweight Zak Chelli will look to maintain the good start to his career when he competes in his second professional bout on May 13 against an as yet unnamed fighter.
The 19-year-old began his career at York Hall in February with a victory over Jacob Ellis.
Chelli will hope for another success on the undercard of the Josh Warrington-Kiko Martinez fight for the WBC international featherweight belt at Leeds’ First Direct Arena.
And it seems the teenager had the perfect preparation for his next bout in Yorkshire next weekend.
You may also want to watch:
I had the brilliant opportunity to spar George Groves, I did six rounds with him at Shane Mcguire’s gym in Wandsworth,” said Chelli.
“I have now had the chance to spar three of the best boxers in the country: Groves, James DeGale and Chris Eubank Jr.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 5 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 9 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing
“Last month I travelled to Italy to train with the Italian national team sparring with the best Italian middle weight Salvatore Cavallaro.”