Brentford-bound teenager signs off by guiding Isledon Wolves to another promotion

Isledon Wolves U14s

Isledon Wolves U14s - Credit: Archant

Danai Kapfunde marked his last Sunday appearance for Isledon Wolves Under-14s by scoring a free-kick to help them clinch a second successive Harrow Youth League promotion with a 6-1 win over AGV Youth.

Wolves missed several chances in the first half before Keiron Loughney burst through and hit a swerving finish with the outside of his boot.

David Mehmeti made it 2-0 after the break and Conrad Katsigazi struck a superb individual goal for the third before Herbie Lea-Bramble added his name to the scoresheet.

AGV pulled a goal back from the penalty spot, but Harvey Lea-Bramble netted Wolves’ fifth and Kapfunde – who will join Brentford next season – rifled a free-kick that went in off the bar.

Ali Mede grabbed a hat-trick as Wolves Under-13s tightened their grip on the title with a 12-1 thrashing of Ruislip Town. Sammy Kisunga and Jamie White-Sanches both scored twice, while Nicky Marshall, Deon Marshall, Ruben Lourenco, Mo Asam and Kyroe Omar-Brandy also found the net.

You may also want to watch:

Sang Pierre Gomez netted both goals as Wolves Under-15s beat Glencoe United 2-1 to avenge their defeat by the same scoreline a fortnight earlier.

Midfielder Jake Mulholland was man of the match, while Wolves were also indebted to an excellent penalty save from goalkeeper Brandon Walsh.

Most Read

Late goals from Daniel Leonard and Nathan Wanzola earned Lyndhurst Under-16s all three points as they beat Somers Town 3-1 in the Camden & Islington League.

A solo goal from Jack Madden put the Eagles ahead, but Somers Town equalised on the break early in the second half.

Lyndhurst defended solidly and regained control in the final 10 minutes as Leonard made it 2-1 before Wanzola wrapped up victory with a third goal.

Ryan Under-17s remain second in the Easter Junior Alliance Hertfordshire Division despite letting the lead slip twice in their game at Biggleswade Town on Sunday.

Good work on the right from full-back Tommy Govey set up the opener for Ryan on 16 minutes as EJ Gyebi converted Sadiqur Rehman’s pass.

Town levelled when a 30-yard free-kick deceived goalkeeper Zac Gotleib and dropped inside the post.

But Ryan restored their lead before half-time as man of the match Gyebi beat his man and switched the ball to Govey, who set up Rahman to make it 2-1.

The scoreline remained unchanged until 10 minutes from time, when the home side took advantage of Ryan’s tiring defence to snatch a draw.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter