Brondesbury bid denied by Southgate
- Credit: Archant
Brondesbury had to settle for a draw with Southgate in their latest Middlesex League Premier Division outing.
Put into bat, they lost James Overy, Hugh Gimber and Nick Jones cheaply to find themselves 16-3.
Sasha Ward fell with the score on 53, with Finn Allen (38) and Sam Smith dismissed in quick succession to make it 104-6.
Jordan Bethel had support from Anthony Wilkinson (26) and Thomas Shaw (25 not out) in stands of 73 and 70 and was unbeaten on 95, having hit a six and nine fours in a 135-ball innings, as Brondesbury closed on 247-7.
Captain Adam Wilson made the breakthrough with the ball in Southgate’s reply, but hopes of another 10-wicket haul, after his heroics against North Middlesex a week earlier, were ended by Salam Shukat (3-27).
You may also want to watch:
Sam Smith (3-59) and Anthony Wilkinson (2-37) also had success with the ball for Brondesbury, but Southgate closed on 221-9, frustrating the visitors’ victory bid.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington