Brondesbury bid denied by Southgate
- Credit: Archant
Brondesbury had to settle for a draw with Southgate in their latest Middlesex League Premier Division outing.
Put into bat, they lost James Overy, Hugh Gimber and Nick Jones cheaply to find themselves 16-3.
Sasha Ward fell with the score on 53, with Finn Allen (38) and Sam Smith dismissed in quick succession to make it 104-6.
Jordan Bethel had support from Anthony Wilkinson (26) and Thomas Shaw (25 not out) in stands of 73 and 70 and was unbeaten on 95, having hit a six and nine fours in a 135-ball innings, as Brondesbury closed on 247-7.
Captain Adam Wilson made the breakthrough with the ball in Southgate’s reply, but hopes of another 10-wicket haul, after his heroics against North Middlesex a week earlier, were ended by Salam Shukat (3-27).
You may also want to watch:
Sam Smith (3-59) and Anthony Wilkinson (2-37) also had success with the ball for Brondesbury, but Southgate closed on 221-9, frustrating the visitors’ victory bid.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition