Cricket: Brondesbury trio on MCC tour of Argentina
- Credit: Archant
Three cricketers from Brondesbury CC are going on tour with the MCC to Argentina.
James Overy, Ben Claypole and Johan Malcolm are in a 13-man squad for the 13-day, which will play a mixture of two 50-over matches and six T20 fixture.
Finchley's Hassan Khan will captain the side, with most matches being against the Argentinian national team in Buenos Aires.
The tour will also include a junior coaching clinic at the Belgrano Athletic Club and John Stephenson, MCC assistant secretary, said: "MCC is known throughout the world and we are committed to using our global reach to help develop cricket through our overseas touring programme.
"Our relationships with nations such as Argentina form an important part of broadening our sport's international appeal.
You may also want to watch:
"Tours also provide our playing members with the opportunity to broaden their personal cricketing experience by representing the club in another country."
A women's tour to Nepal is also planned for 2020.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 6 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant