Cricket: Brondesbury trio on MCC tour of Argentina
- Credit: Archant
Three cricketers from Brondesbury CC are going on tour with the MCC to Argentina.
James Overy, Ben Claypole and Johan Malcolm are in a 13-man squad for the 13-day, which will play a mixture of two 50-over matches and six T20 fixture.
Finchley's Hassan Khan will captain the side, with most matches being against the Argentinian national team in Buenos Aires.
The tour will also include a junior coaching clinic at the Belgrano Athletic Club and John Stephenson, MCC assistant secretary, said: "MCC is known throughout the world and we are committed to using our global reach to help develop cricket through our overseas touring programme.
"Our relationships with nations such as Argentina form an important part of broadening our sport's international appeal.
You may also want to watch:
"Tours also provide our playing members with the opportunity to broaden their personal cricketing experience by representing the club in another country."
A women's tour to Nepal is also planned for 2020.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller