Brothers team up to win gold for Veras Academy at Hull tournament
- Credit: Archant
Liam Veras secured a gold medal – and then teamed up with his brothers to win another at the Wado UK East Yorkshire Open Championships in Hull.
The 10-year-old, who represents the Islington-based Veras Academy, won the boys’ kumite (up to 4th kyu) section before joining his brothers, Luan and Luca, to take gold in the team event.
Luan, 11, also collected an individual gold medal in kumite (3rd kyu and above) – as well as linking up again with Liam for bronze medals in the mixed pairs kata (10-15 years).
The squad brought two other gold medals home, with Patricia Perote taking the top award in the female kumite for over-35s, and Isaac Gibson winning the boys’ kumite for under-sevens.
MaKhae Rosengrove was the silver medallist in that category, while Jack Gentili picked up silver medals in both the 8-9 years boys’ kumite (up to 6th kyu) and kick master for under-eights.
You may also want to watch:
Lulu Brown won a silver medal in the 10-11 years girls’ kumite (up to 4th kyu), while there were bronze medal successes for Luca Veras in the 8-9 years boys’ kumite (up to 6th kyu) and Dylan Gibson in the mixed kumite for under-sixes.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago