Brothers team up to win gold for Veras Academy at Hull tournament
- Credit: Archant
Liam Veras secured a gold medal – and then teamed up with his brothers to win another at the Wado UK East Yorkshire Open Championships in Hull.
The 10-year-old, who represents the Islington-based Veras Academy, won the boys’ kumite (up to 4th kyu) section before joining his brothers, Luan and Luca, to take gold in the team event.
Luan, 11, also collected an individual gold medal in kumite (3rd kyu and above) – as well as linking up again with Liam for bronze medals in the mixed pairs kata (10-15 years).
The squad brought two other gold medals home, with Patricia Perote taking the top award in the female kumite for over-35s, and Isaac Gibson winning the boys’ kumite for under-sevens.
MaKhae Rosengrove was the silver medallist in that category, while Jack Gentili picked up silver medals in both the 8-9 years boys’ kumite (up to 6th kyu) and kick master for under-eights.
You may also want to watch:
Lulu Brown won a silver medal in the 10-11 years girls’ kumite (up to 4th kyu), while there were bronze medal successes for Luca Veras in the 8-9 years boys’ kumite (up to 6th kyu) and Dylan Gibson in the mixed kumite for under-sixes.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing