Bunbury XI to support Saracens Foundation
- Credit: Archant
England and Middlesex’s Steven Finn is among those set to attend as the world famous Bunbury XI play a fixture in aid of the Saracens Foundation at Totteridge Millillians CC on Sunday.
The annual fixture between David English CBE and Saracens owner Nigel Wray is in its 25th year and the Bunbury cricket team has raised more than £17million for over 100 different causes.
Wray said: “It is a real pleasure and a honour to host Dr David English’s Bunbury team. I’ve known David over 50 years and we both share a huge passion for the game.”
The Bunbury cricket team includes stars from sport and entertainment and will feature Finn, former world boxinng champion Lloyd Honeyghan and football’s Barry Fry and Mick Harford.
Wray’s team will consist of many of Sarries’ European Cup winning stars including Jamie George, Tom Whiteley, Shaun O Brien, Neil De Kock, Steve Selwood and more.
You may also want to watch:
Play starts at 2.30pm, see bunburycricket.co.uk.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing