Bunbury XI to support Saracens Foundation
- Credit: Archant
England and Middlesex’s Steven Finn is among those set to attend as the world famous Bunbury XI play a fixture in aid of the Saracens Foundation at Totteridge Millillians CC on Sunday.
The annual fixture between David English CBE and Saracens owner Nigel Wray is in its 25th year and the Bunbury cricket team has raised more than £17million for over 100 different causes.
Wray said: “It is a real pleasure and a honour to host Dr David English’s Bunbury team. I’ve known David over 50 years and we both share a huge passion for the game.”
The Bunbury cricket team includes stars from sport and entertainment and will feature Finn, former world boxinng champion Lloyd Honeyghan and football’s Barry Fry and Mick Harford.
Wray’s team will consist of many of Sarries’ European Cup winning stars including Jamie George, Tom Whiteley, Shaun O Brien, Neil De Kock, Steve Selwood and more.
You may also want to watch:
Play starts at 2.30pm, see bunburycricket.co.uk.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 7 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 8 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 9 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern