Swimming: Cally Masters take honous at Jubilee River Swim
- Credit: Archant
A group of intrepid swimmers from Cally Masters took to the open water at the weekend at the Jubilee River Swim in Berkshire.
The 10k swim – or 400 lengths of Cally Pool – is extremely popular, with 430 entrants involved in this year’s event.
And Cally Masters claimed first and second place, as Dr Lorenzo Caciagli won in one hour 53 minutes ahead of Muswell Hill teacher Nils Young, who came home in 1:56.
Laura Coulier was fourth woman to finish and 16th overall, while other Cally Masters swimmers to complete the course included Gary Butler (64th), Sara Perry (84th), Rebecca Adam (89th) and Helen Wright (248th).
A club spokesperson said: “The conditions were perfect, warm and sunny with a water temperature of 17.5 degrees.
You may also want to watch:
“The only hazard were the swans along the route. Swans have been known to attack passing swimmers in breeding season. It’s not something you can train for, unless Islington Council were to introduce a few swans into Cally Pool!”
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing