Swimming: Cally Masters take honous at Jubilee River Swim
- Credit: Archant
A group of intrepid swimmers from Cally Masters took to the open water at the weekend at the Jubilee River Swim in Berkshire.
The 10k swim – or 400 lengths of Cally Pool – is extremely popular, with 430 entrants involved in this year’s event.
And Cally Masters claimed first and second place, as Dr Lorenzo Caciagli won in one hour 53 minutes ahead of Muswell Hill teacher Nils Young, who came home in 1:56.
Laura Coulier was fourth woman to finish and 16th overall, while other Cally Masters swimmers to complete the course included Gary Butler (64th), Sara Perry (84th), Rebecca Adam (89th) and Helen Wright (248th).
A club spokesperson said: “The conditions were perfect, warm and sunny with a water temperature of 17.5 degrees.
You may also want to watch:
“The only hazard were the swans along the route. Swans have been known to attack passing swimmers in breeding season. It’s not something you can train for, unless Islington Council were to introduce a few swans into Cally Pool!”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault