Swimming: Islington’s Cally Masters come out on top
- Credit: Archant
Islington’s Cally Masters came out on top at the Middlesex County Masters Championships at Barnet Copthall at the weekend.
Every member of the squad came away with a medal as Islington's swimming club for the over-25s finished with a whopping 466 points.
That left the Cally Pool-based outfit well clear of Out To Swim, London's LGBT aquatic club, on 305 points and third-placed Barnet (295).
The Cally women also claimed the trophy as top female team, with Rebecca Adam, 38, recording the third best time of all women in all age groups in the 50 metres freestyle.
Despite a major goggle malfunction, Sara Perry had a decisive breaststroke win in the over-60 category.
You may also want to watch:
And special mention went to Paul Botham, who was swimming the over-70 age group and recorded his best breaststroke time for over five years, proving age is no barrier when it comes to improved performance.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator