Swimming: Islington’s Cally Masters come out on top
- Credit: Archant
Islington’s Cally Masters came out on top at the Middlesex County Masters Championships at Barnet Copthall at the weekend.
Every member of the squad came away with a medal as Islington's swimming club for the over-25s finished with a whopping 466 points.
That left the Cally Pool-based outfit well clear of Out To Swim, London's LGBT aquatic club, on 305 points and third-placed Barnet (295).
The Cally women also claimed the trophy as top female team, with Rebecca Adam, 38, recording the third best time of all women in all age groups in the 50 metres freestyle.
Despite a major goggle malfunction, Sara Perry had a decisive breaststroke win in the over-60 category.
You may also want to watch:
And special mention went to Paul Botham, who was swimming the over-70 age group and recorded his best breaststroke time for over five years, proving age is no barrier when it comes to improved performance.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 8 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting