Swimming: Cally Masters impress at Middlesex Gala
- Credit: Archant
Cally Masters finished second overall at the Middlesex Gala at Barnet Copthall at the weekend.
The club caters for adults aged 25 and above, with the current most senior member in her 80s.
And their squad excelled in the relays, in which all members of the team took part, with the swimmer of the meet award going to Cath Cinnamon, who won gold in all six events in the 65-69 years age group, including an outstanding 50m butterfly swim, for a maximum 36-point haul.
Gary Butler (26 points) and Richard Whatling (25) were Cally’s top male swimmers, with both in the 60-64 years group and the competition between the two was fierce in the freestyle events.
Whatling won the 200m event, while Butler took 50m honours, as Ingrid Hesselbo and Bethan Cash competed in their first gala for Cally Masters.
You may also want to watch:
Cash won gold in the 50m freestyle and butterfly in the 30-34 years age group.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’