Swimming: Cally Masters impress at Middlesex Gala
- Credit: Archant
Cally Masters finished second overall at the Middlesex Gala at Barnet Copthall at the weekend.
The club caters for adults aged 25 and above, with the current most senior member in her 80s.
And their squad excelled in the relays, in which all members of the team took part, with the swimmer of the meet award going to Cath Cinnamon, who won gold in all six events in the 65-69 years age group, including an outstanding 50m butterfly swim, for a maximum 36-point haul.
Gary Butler (26 points) and Richard Whatling (25) were Cally’s top male swimmers, with both in the 60-64 years group and the competition between the two was fierce in the freestyle events.
Whatling won the 200m event, while Butler took 50m honours, as Ingrid Hesselbo and Bethan Cash competed in their first gala for Cally Masters.
You may also want to watch:
Cash won gold in the 50m freestyle and butterfly in the 30-34 years age group.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller