Canonbury Junior School rule the pool in Islington gala
17 gold medals for primary kings in gala
Canonbury Junior School were the kings of the pool as they stormed to victory in a Primary Schools’ swimming gala on Friday.
With the traditional annual Islington Primary Schools gala not taking place this year due to the temporary closure of Ironmonger Row pool, five of Islington’s strongest swimming schools gathered at Cally Pool on Friday for a ‘mini gala’ instead.
And it was the pupils from Canonbury School in Canonbury Road, Islington, who shone brightest on the day winning both the boys and girls sections and the overall title with a total of 17 gold medals.
Poppy Boswell, Solomon Myers and Aaron Bradley-Shankar led the way for Canonbury, while other gold medal winners were Rosa Millard, Finn Roweth, Ella Sharman, Honey Millard, Francois Patasial, Ruby Kay Dowood, Isabella Rose, Artie O’Regan and Anna Bradley-Shankar as Canonbury finished with a total of 87 points from the 36 races on the day, 16 points clear of the team from second-placed Clerkenwell & Parochial School (71).
You may also want to watch:
Thornhill School (69) from Barnsbury were third, while Hanover School (67) from the Angel were fourth and St Joseph’s Highgate (45) were fifth.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault