Chance to test out revolutionary new football boot in Islington
- Credit: Archant
Amateur players from Islington and neighbouring boroughs have the chance to be part of a world exclusive – and help demonstrate a ground-breaking new football boot.
Demonstrators for the Serafino 4th EDGE will be holding trial sessions for the next six weeks at Market Road.
It will be the first time the distinctive boot – which has an innovative flat front to encourage kicking with the toe – has been seen anywhere in the world.
Players will be allowed to use the boot and give feedback to a team of boot experts.
Former Millwall youth player Dan Johns, from Finsbury Park, is overseeing the trial at the recently-opened 4G facility.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We believe this is the first genuine advancement in football boot technology for generations.
“This boot has taken five years of planning – we’re now on the 32nd prototype – but we are convinced this boot will change football and turn a one-footed footballer into a two-footed footballer.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 9 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
“You have the three conventional sides – left, right and back – and now the front too, making it unique.
“We value all feedback and are convinced north London’s amateur footballers will buy into what we are doing.”
Several professional clubs and senior football figures have been secretly trialling the boot – but this is the first time it will be seen in public.
The sessions take place every evening from Monday (November 9) through to December 18.