Channons hotshot hits four in resounding win over Highbury Wolves
- Credit: Archant
Luke Levy smashed in four goals as Isledon Wolves Channons Under-nines began the new year in style with a resounding 8-2 win over Highbury Wolves in the Camden & Islington League.
Despite a number of absences, Channons dominated from the start and Calvin Williams grabbed a hat-trick, while the consistent Lewi Hollis hit their eighth goal.
Isledon Wolves Under-nines looked below par in their first game of the year, with a rampant Regents Knights side running out 5-1 winners. Jesse Aldridge netted the Wolves’ only goal.
Alessandro Hunter set the tone with an early brace as Isledon Wolves Under-10s overcame CM Futsal 5-2, with George Bennett putting them three up before half-time.
Hunter continued to orchestrate most of his side’s best moves from midfield and Lucas Panayi and Sidney Kershaw-Shirley added further goals, while Wolves also struck the woodwork three times.
You may also want to watch:
Isledon Wolves are looking for new players in the Under-eight, Under-nine and Under-10 age groups. Anyone interested should contact Dave Byrne on 07980 912 634.
Goals from Maurice Lebbie, Narriman Omid and Joe Manuel – the latter a superb solo effort – earned FC Unity Under-14s a 3-0 victory over St John’s Wood.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
Bobby Nash put in an outstanding performance alongside Simon Seyoum at the heart of the Unity defence, while Harry Charie also impressed.
Alex Smith and Alex Gibson both registered doubles to keep FC Unity Under-12s top of their division in the Camden & Regent’s Park League with a 4-1 success against Primrose Hill.
Alfie Little, Ala Ezzedine and Denis Lord-Hassan also performed well for Unity.
Michael Diver and William Sousa provided a solid defensive foundation for Wolves Under-14s as they dispatched Pitshanger A 5-0 to stay clear at the top of their division in the Harrow Youth League.
At the other end of the field, Sammy Kisunga led the line superbly and Nicky Marshall exploited the space to create chances and get his name on the scoresheet.
Reece Dewar, Alfie Lusardi, Mo Asam and Maurice Lebbie were also on target to complete a good team performance from Wolves.