Chelli chasing more success
- Credit: Natalie Mayhew Butterfly Boxing
Former Times ABC super-middleweight Zak Chelli retuns to the ring at the Copper Box Arena on Saturday.
The 19-year-old appears on Frank Warren’s promotion, where he faces Anthony Fox of Westbury.
Trained by his father at a gym near to Kings Cross since turning professional, Chelli has sparred with George Groves, James DeGale and Chris Eubank Jr, all reigning world champions.
And he has won his first two fights in the paid ranks, beating Jacob Lucas and Chris Dutton inside the distance.
“I’m extremely confident about myself going on to win titles,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Former Islington amateur Daniel Dubois is another 19-year-old set for action on the big bill.
The WBC World Youth heavyweight champion has won all four of his fights to date inside the distance and has been matched with Brixton’s AJ Carter in a 10-round Southern Area title contest.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington