Chelli chasing more success
- Credit: Natalie Mayhew Butterfly Boxing
Former Times ABC super-middleweight Zak Chelli retuns to the ring at the Copper Box Arena on Saturday.
The 19-year-old appears on Frank Warren’s promotion, where he faces Anthony Fox of Westbury.
Trained by his father at a gym near to Kings Cross since turning professional, Chelli has sparred with George Groves, James DeGale and Chris Eubank Jr, all reigning world champions.
And he has won his first two fights in the paid ranks, beating Jacob Lucas and Chris Dutton inside the distance.
“I’m extremely confident about myself going on to win titles,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Former Islington amateur Daniel Dubois is another 19-year-old set for action on the big bill.
The WBC World Youth heavyweight champion has won all four of his fights to date inside the distance and has been matched with Brixton’s AJ Carter in a 10-round Southern Area title contest.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 10 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild