Chelsea v Arsenal: Best Bets
Chelsea v Arsenal, Premier League, Saturday October 29, 12.45pm (Sky)
It may come as a surprise to learn that recent fixtures involving Chelsea and Arsenal have not been one-way traffic for whichever side was playing at home. Indeed, of their last six duels, three have been won by the visiting team, a record which suggests that Ladbrokes’ enormous 5/1 for the Gunners to claim three points offers very good value.
Of course Arsenal are yet to record an away league win and though they’ve scored six times on the road this term, they’ve conceded 14. Nevertheless, at 8/13 to score at any time (Boylesports), Arsene Wenger’s charges cannot be discounted, especially as Chelsea have yet to keep a clean sheet in each of their four straight home victories.
The Blues start as Partybets’ overwhelming 4/6 favourites to make it five home wins in a row as Skybet price the draw at 3/1. Bookies report that punters are in two minds about the stalemate as the pair have drawn only two of their last 12 league encounters, although Victor Chandler’s 13/10 for the opening 45 minutes to end all square and Betfred’s 11/2 for both halves to conclude on level terms have attracted a steady flow of followers.
There’s little doubt that punters believe we’re in for goals at Stamford Bridge on . The sides have produced 19 goals between them in their last six meetings, a statistic which adds appeal to bet365’s 7/10 for the fixture to yield more than 2.5 goals.
You may also want to watch:
Punters who suspect Arsenal could register their first away win of the campaign can get 14/1 (Sportingbet) about them winning 1-0, while Betfred post an equally attractive 20/1 against a 2-1 away victory.
Away from the correct score markets, less precise types may prefer the 13/2 available with Paddy Power for the Gunners to enjoy a one-goal margin of victory, while the talisman and free-scoring captain Robin van Persie is Stan James’ 7/1 to open the scoring. This time out, one could be enough.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing